Today at work, I took a little break with two of my favorite security guards. In sitting and chatting with them, a plastic bin sitting underneath a little side table caught my eye.
Me: “What’s this?”
Security: “Lost and Found”
I was hooked. I love lost and found. It’s like a little peak into other people’s lives. I of course dove right in. Maybe I was missing something and I didn’t even know it! Here are some of the things I found:
- This newborn outfit: now, to my knowledge there are not any infants working where I work, so this lost and found bin got pretty interesting right off the bat.
- This belt: WITW?? (Do we all know by now what that means? What in the world for any new followers…). How, exactly, does someone lose a belt? At work? There was a sticky note stuck to the belt, as there was to most things in the bin o’ fun, with the date and location where the item was found. This belt was found in a stairway. Hey now…what was going on there?? (Also please note how cute my shoes are.)
- Four atlases: This I found especially confusing. Why are people bringing their road atlases into the building? And why are they losing them? Maybe they all brought them in and in talking to co-workers, discovered a little secret known as GPS. Maybe these aren’t so much “lost” as “abandoned”. Poor, sad little atlases.
- This…now this was a good one. In bin o’ fun were a bunch of envelopes. I, of course, started nosing through them. Most contained one, sad little earring, missing its partner in crime. (I did not find any of my own missing earrings. Also, try not to judge. I was absolutely being nosy, but these envelopes were all dated and the most recent date I saw was 11/20/12.) Anyway, one envelope in particular did not contain an earring. It contained a pill. One pill. Who is looking for that pill?? Who turned that pill in? “Um excuse me, I found this pill in the hallway. I am sure its owner is devastated that its missing. Please ensure it finds its way home.” I mean, I get it. Pills are important. I’m pretty sure there are some pills Chick A takes every day, that if she didn’t, she wouldn’t be here to blog with me. But come on people. Throw that shit out!! Here is photographic proof (I wish I was making this up):
- A can of soup. Yup. I didn’t take a picture, but there was honest to God a can of soup. Progresso soup. Again, would love to meet the humanitarian who turned that in. Where did that get lost? Was it rolling down the hallway all by itself?
- One shoe. How’d that guy make it home that day in one shoe, without noticing? That’s what I’d like to know.
- A flashlight. I bring mine to work too. I can’t leave home without it.
- A bunch of other stuff you would expect to see in a lost and found…
Keep track of your stuff people. Especially your pills. That’s my PSA for the week.