Dear My Chocolate Loving Readers,
As you may or may not have heard, there has been a story floating around the news stations that we are coming dangerously close to exhausting the world’s cocoa supplies. If you don’t to read it, here’s the most important line: “Candy manufacturers Mars Inc. and Barry Callebaut recently warned that consumer demand for chocolate will exceed cocoa supply by 2020, creating a gap in supply and demand of 1 million metric tons, according to a Bloomberg report.”
Ummmmm….Holy Crap. The article goes on to say that “the International Cocoa Organization, a global group made up of cocoa producing and consuming countries, told USA TODAY Network that the prediction is not correct.”.
A few things.
- That prediction had better not be correct.
- How do I become a member of the International Cocoa Organization? Because let me tell you, that sounds like a fantastic time.
- If this is in any way even close to true, I do not know how I will go on.
- That might sound a bit dramatic, but I eat chocolate just about every day.
- There is nothing better than chocolate.
- I am going to start hoarding chocolate now.
- (That will never work, I would eat it all).
- Don’t you all start hoarding chocolate now!! I don’t need to be paying you all through the nose if we do run out in 6 years.
- I probably shouldn’t draw attention to this issue or that is exactly what will happen.
- Instead of drug dealers, we’ll have chocolate dealers.
Life is short people. Go home and eat chocolate. You never know when you might have to go without. 😦 That would literally be my worst day ever. OK, not literally. But wow. I would be really really sad.