I like pizza. A real lot. It’s probably one of my favorite foods. I would eat pizza every day if I could. And I guess I can, right? I am an “adult” after all (I use that word loosely).
This is EXACTLY how I feel about pizza. He’s so wise.
But, I don’t think pizza is actually good for me. I am almost positive it’s not. I, however, will remain in denial because I would like to continue eating pizza at least once a week in my life. If not more. Almost definitely more.
There are so many schools of thought on what you should eat, it’s hard to know what is right. Sort of.
I’m totally full of it. I think it’s pretty easy to know what is right. No sugar, low carb, mostly plant-based, lean protein, blah blah blah. But holy sh*t doesn’t that sound terrible??? Terrible. So, because of this terribleness, I have devised my own food theories.
Ride with me through this magic for a quick second…
- Pizza is totally fine to eat, especially if you make it at home. I use all sorts of veggies on there when I make it at home, so that’s got to count for something. Ignore the bacon and pepperoni and cheese. It’s all balanced out by the veggies. And the US Government tells me that pizza sauce is a veggie too, so it HAS to be OK.
- Chocolate milk is OK too. Because it’s delicious. And it’s still milk. (I know many of you dear readers don’t believe in eating/drinking dairy. It’s OK. I do, so it’s fine. Totally fine.)
- Ice cream, according to the bullet above, is also OK. Lots of calcium. It’s fine.
- Salad with a lot of dressing is my jam. The more dressing the better. I’m pretty sure this offsets some of the good that eating a salad provides, but it’s still a salad, so it’s fine.
- Tacos are like a superfood. Meat, veggies, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, all wrapped up like a happy little family. It’s everything you need in one edible container. If tacos are wrong, I don’t want to be right. Tacos are fine.
- Butter is 100% approved and should be added to all the things.
- French fries are a vegetable. I have absolutely no logic to even try and throw at this one. Just roll with it.
I really wish I were the type of person who craved healthy things but I’ve made my peace with it. I’m just not. Some days, I go to bed and think “Sh*t. I don’t think I ate one single vegetable today.” Yikes. I’m going to start trying harder. Wish me luck.